Here are some ideas of things that came across our minds as we live day by day in Vanuatu. Also please see below on HOW TO SEND A PACKAGE to us.
*Something personally from you-A family picture (this also REALLY helps our kids to keep your face in their minds and help them picture WHO it is from)
-A note, drawing, etc. from your kids to ours OR from you to our kids
- Chocolate chips all flavors
- dried apricots, craisins, mango, apple etc
- flavored powder coffee creamer
- any kind of candy or chocolate
- Wheat Thins
- Goldfish crackers
- Cinnamon Bears
- Fruit Snacks
- Crystal Light
- Enchiladas Seasoning package
- Ranch seasoning packets
- Parmesan cheese
- popcorn seasoning salt
- Fabric bandaids
- EmergenC drink powder
- Airborn - berry flavor
- Liquid Tylenol , Ibuprofen, Allergy
- Kaiden enjoys anything in the transportation catagory i.e. cars, trains, planes, etc.
- Toothbrushes/ floss
- Fingernail polish
- Fun Journals/notebooks
*Other- Cheap memory stick full of any new music
- Beth Moore Bible studies
- Bible/devotional studies that God has used in your lives
- Bath and Body body spray (any scent)
- Smelly Body Wash
- Seasonal candles (it is SO nice to have smells that remind us of the holidays...i.e. evergreen during Christmas etc.)
ALSO - there are times that we actually have something that we have already purchased and just need it shipped to us. So please ask if you find you have room in a package and we could just ship something from an online purchase to fit in your package and get it to us that way.
How to send stuff:
1. Easiest and perhaps cheapest ( and I use that word very loosly!) from the US tends to be to send things in a flat-rate box USPS. Send to:
PO Box 174
VANUATU, South Pacific
2. You'll have to fill out a customs form since it's an overseas shipment. This requires an inventory. The more general, the better. If you are able to keep the overall contents total below $70 it is better or we have to pay duty fees in order to "import" the box.
3. If you're unsure of anything, just e-mail and ask.